- Always store Rotkäppchen sparkling wine upright in a cool, dark place to ensure long-lasting enjoyment.
- Never store sparkling wine in clay or stone racks, since the rough surfaces can damage or break the bottles.
- As a rule of thumb, the wine will keep for one to two years without any loss of quality if stored properly.
- Once a bottle has been opened, use a stopper made for sparkling wine and store it in the fridge for one day at the most.
Cool your sparkling wine down to the right temperature before serving.
- Temperature fluctuations and frequent drops in temperature can damage sparkling wine.
- Transporting it in an overheated car boot can also damage it.
- Make sure you also protect your sparkling wine from strong light, since light speeds up the process of oxidation, which accelerates ageing and can influence the taste.
- Before you serve sparkling wine that has just been transported, give it some time to settle. This will prevent the wine from fizzing over when you open the bottle.